Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
jthread jthread is offline

Default winters on its way .

"Hal" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:54:04 CST, margaret corrin
wrote:

im in the uk , its my first winter having goldfish, they seem to be now
spending more time on the bottom of the pond . can anyone in the uk
let me know possible how much longer before they stop comeing up for
food. thanks

I'm not in the UK, but mine didn't stop coming up for food until the
top had a thin layer of ice around the edges. I didn't feed as much
in the winter, but continued the same feed that I use in the summer.
Some winters I had no ice and fed all winter.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

wow nice pond!!