Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Barometric pressure query

On 3/11/07 02:58, in article
, "Don H3"
wrote:

On 31 Oct, 02:30, Sacha wrote:
On 31/10/07 10:07, in article
[...]

I don't get thunderstorm headaches but the exact opposite. As the barometer
rises and the sky becomes bright and clear, that's my headache trigger,
especially in winter.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

When I first saw your post I thought "Sunlight allergy":
I know several people who have sneezing fits from too
sudden sunlight exposure.

But now it occurs to me that perhaps you have a MIGRAINE
trigger. I get them occasionally, and it is now well
established that the optic nerve is involved, as are
the sinuses. When I was a teenager my worst migraines
happened in winter. (I can remember running outside in
so much pain I could hardly see, and pressing my forehead
and temples against cold metal objects trying to make it
go away.(

That's an interesting comment. I've only once had such a bad headache that
I actually thought I was going to have a brain haemorrage but I do have a
reaction to strong sunlight in that my eyes water easily and I wear specs
with photoreactive lenses - think that's the right term! I don't think my
headaches are bad enough to be called migraine by a very long shot - they
just sort of sit there and nag at me and there is a feeling of pressure on
the temples. Many years ago and several years apart, I had two episodes of
visual disturbance but without a headache. I asked a friend who is a
wretched migraine sufferer if this was possible and she said she knew a few
people this happened to. Last time that happened was a good 8 or 9 years
ago. And yes, I do have what my doctor once described as "lousy sinuses"!
I think you've hit on something there - thank you.