Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default HELP- What Chili To Grow ?

Hi..

Rick wrote:

I was watching a gardening program a while back, I think it may have
been about a "Gardening Show". One guy who was exhibiting was showing
chili's, which got me thinking about having a go at growing some so :-

Hm.., for indoors or outdoors..?

For outdoors: potted or set in patch..?

Can anyone advise me on a chili that is, easy to grow, quite hot and
is versatile in use.

For outdoors: where are you located (climate/weather)..?

What do you call _quite_ hot and why _quite_ hot..? The worlds most eaten
chilli pepper sorts aren't too hot means their _taste_ made them that
popular..

Do you wish to use them fresh for dressings, fine cut in salads, on pizzas,
crunchy and fruity for salsas, dips, sauces, sourly pickled or dried for
the hot pepper mill..?

BTW: My personal interest is mainly limited to sorts that have been
cultivated in Europe for a long time..

Please give some input - then you'll get some recommendations. That's quite
fair, isn't it..? :-)
--
cu
Marco