Old 03-11-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default The liner went in today.

Peter Pan wrote:
Not luck ~ global warming.

Yeah Global warming, I mean the earth's temp rose by 1 degree in the past
100 years.... man that's a catastrophe.. Good thing we have Al Gore flying
around in his private jet to tell us to cut back on fuel consumption because
after all man is causing it

I don't think that the facts regarding global warming and the melting of
the ice caps can be disputed. It also can't be disputed that this has
happened throughout the history of this planet (ice ages etc). Climate
change has and always will happen. The real question is to what degree
are we accelarating this by our behaviour?

Now, whatever school of thought you subcribe to on global warming, we,
surely, all have a responsibility to use resources with care and a duty
not to turn the planet into a polluted, rubbish tip.

Gill
PS I agree that there is a certain irony in Al Gore and others jetting
around the place to spread the message