Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer[_2_] Nick Cramer[_2_] is offline

Default Paying for the moderation software for RPM

"jthread" wrote:
"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
[ . . . ]
All RPM posters and visitors are invited to contribute toward the
cost of moderation. You can make donations in two ways:

1. by PayPal at the following location:
http://rpm.chipin.com/moderation-sof...pondsmoderated
This address will also show you the progress.

2. by sending a check to Dr. Jim Hurley, 5422 Clinton Blvd, Jackson,
MS 39209. Make a note on the bottom corner that it is for RPM
software.
[ . . . ]

why?

Who should pay? Those who volunteer to do the moderation or those who
benefir from their efforts?

Although I've become primarily a lurker, I greatly appreciate the SPAM and
flame absence here. I don't follow every thread, but enjoy the ones I do,
and when I think I have something of value to add, I do. When I've asked a
question, I've gotten worthwhile answers or suggestions. I'm also keenly
aware that my encouragement played some small part in getting this group
started.

It's an INVITATION to contribute! Those who can't, or don't wish to, aren't
going to get blackballed. I can't afford to donate much, these days, but
I've mailed a nominal check to Jim. I thank the moderators for performing
yeoman duty to the betterment of ponding worldwide.

The soapbox is now empty. Next!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~