Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike' View Post

We have decide to buy a hose reel. The other day we saw some in B&Q. The
store make was £20 and the hozelock one was £25. We already have a
Gardena one in the back garden, but as its freestanding, it keeps tipping
over when you pull with any viguour, which is annoying.

What one would people here recommend to buy, the b&q, the hozelock or
perhaps some other make? Thanks for any advice.

We have a Hozelock reel but it is fixed to the wall. The drawback is that to
reach the bottom of the garden or the front garden, the hose really has to
be pulled off by hand and snaked out and pulled from there. (It is not a
straight line from the Reel to the extremities of either front or back.
Plants and fixtures are in the way)

No real great problem

Mike

We to have a Hozelock reel fixed to the wall, wouldn't go to any other system for a hosepipe. But I'm seriously considering, as our back garden is all gravel with hanging baskets and containers, adding an automatic watering system this year (I have breathing problems and run out of breath doing the watering)