Old 04-11-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Barometric pressure query

In article . com,
UkJay writes:

| I monitor the pressure every day here Sacha,
| http://www.ukjay.co.uk/jwx/ and can't say when the pressure is up as
| it is now (1030.7mb) it doesn't give me headaches.
| The only time with me seems to be if the sky is very bright (white)
| but the pressure doesn't seem to affect me, as you mention the bright
| sky, I think that's the problem, maybe some sunglasses eh? ;-)

The genes for eye and skin colour are fairly closely linked (hair
colour is rather different), and a significant proportion of people
of northern European ancestry with non-brown eyes have trouble with
sunlight in all sorts of ways. There is also an adaptation effect,
and people who live in the UK are not adapted to the rare bright
sunlight we get.

Cold air and sudden changes of pressure give me sinus pain; I know
that is common, too. Some people get congestion from dry air, and
some from humid air, which can cause sinus pain. I don't suffer
from migraine, but can see that all of those could trigger it.

As far as I know, barometric pressure per se is irrelevant, except
when it changes VERY rapidly, but it tend to bring in a lot of other
effects. As Sacha says, people vary.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.