Old 04-11-2007, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Radar Radar is offline

Default Identification please

Looks like "Shoofly Plant", also called "Apple of Peru"....Nicandra
physaloides. As you can see by the specific epithet, the resemblance to
Physalis is acknowledged.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Regards,
Rick

"someone" wrote in message
I am just learning how to use my new hotsy-totsy camera and about resizing
images, so my apologies if these images are too large.

This was growing behind a neighbour's garden, it looks like a Physalis but
not one that I've seen before. Any ideas as to ID?

Thanks,

someone