Old 04-11-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Incorrect info menace

A customer came in today asking to buy a Skimmia japonica, saying he was
going to plant it at the back of a border. This produced a slightly
startled response from us and we asked how tall he thought it would grow. 3
metres was the answer. When we said it was more likely to go to around 3
feet-ish, we were told that he'd read on the internet that it would grow to
3 metres. He was most insistent that we were wrong and the internet was
right. Heaven knows how one combats this sort of thing but it just shows
what can happen if there is nobody to give information or advice. OTOH, we
would be most interested to hear from anyone who has seen such a plant
growing to 3 metres in UK outdoors!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk