Old 04-11-2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default The liner went in today.

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:22:21 CST, wrote:

very good point. Our big contribution to cleaning up was moving from the burbs into
the city where DH can walk to work, I have a short, slow drive. It has not only cut
the transportation costs, but the mental health aspects of driving 5 minutes along an
interesting street. I wish I was younger and could ride a bike ...
Ingrid

Giggle statement following... can't be just age Ingrid, I know you're not
79, but my Dad is, and he puts in 20 miles/day easy. :-)

Course commuting to work on a bike is a whole 'nother matter, especially if
one has to be there when it is still dark out, and/or many areas get
"quite" chilly this time of year. Than there is the question, do the roads
have good shoulders or bike trails?.... A 5 minute drive, up and down hills
is nothing, by bike could be grueling.

Not that it can't be done, my DH rode his bike 10 miles to work for years.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us