Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Do you compost?

"SteveB" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message
We recently moved out in the country. Nothing to do but we had to
make a
compost pile. I admit, it's a handy place for garbage we would
usually put
in the can for a week. Yech!

Does it work? How much work is it? How often are you supposed to
turn it?
Do you keep it wet? Do you get enough compost to justify the work?

TIA

Steve

Just my opinion, but you're asking people to write a book for you,
instead of going to the library to GET a book first, and then asking
questions about what you've read.

I'm sorry. I must have missed the meeting where you were put in charge.

FYI, I downloaded about ten pages on composting from Google. My
question was, "How does it work for YOU"? I'm sorry that you missed the
questions in my post and chose to comment on something else. Do you
have any comments on composting that you would like to share with the
group?

Steve

Actually, you asked "Does it work?". Of course it works.

Thank you. For future questions, what's the procedure? Do I e mail you
first and have you okay it. Or rewrite it? Then do you post it to the
newsgroup, or do I? I want soooooooo much to get it right.

Steve

You did it exactly right. Don't assume that my reaction will be anything
like those from other people. Wait and see. And, my reaction comes from
having teachers and parents who expected me to be resourceful. Others may
not have come from this kind of background.

I do have a question, though: How far is your public library?