Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Not@home Not@home is offline

Default Hedge trimmers

I know they have dead man switches, but I also know that a lot of people
use the override rather than holding the trigger. If you are in that
situation, I wonder if you want to be balanced on an unstable ladder,
holding something that will trim you as easily as it will trim the
hedge, hoping that you won't fall.

Unless you are very tall, or have a stable platform to stand on, I think
you would be far safer with a manual trimmer, which will do just as good
a job, just as quickly. (My wife prefers the manual trimmer to the
corded model I have, even for our short hedge, and I know I'm lucky that
she likes doing the trimming).

Phisherman wrote:
I'm looking for a decent hedge trimmer. I'm thinking of a lightweight
cordless to use on a 10' high, 200-foot long Rose-of-Sharon hedge. Any
recommendations under $110?