Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Good trees for climbing or treehouse

On Nov 4, 5:42 am, "Buderschnookie" wrote:
wrote in message
I guess it
should be something fast growing that maybe in three or four years
might be ready to build a treehouse. That's why i came here for
suggestions. Hopefully this gives you more info to offer ideas.

Unless you/they are willing to pay substantial amounts of money to have a
very large tree brought in I think you are out of luck as regards tree
houses for a child already born. It's not too early to be planning for the
grandkids treehouse, though.

I have purchased trees this large in the past so it can be done. You need to
contact a local nursery to find out what size trees are available, go for
the largest they can offer, and wait 3 or more years for it to get well
established.

How old are these kids now??

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

One kid is 5 and the other is one year old. I think they would rather
have a tree for climbing. I think several oak species would work but
they grow too slowly. I'll keep researching. Thanks.