Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Hedge trimmers

On Nov 4, 8:19?pm, "Not@home" wrote:
I wonder if you want to be balanced on an unstable ladder,
holding something that will trim you as easily as it will trim the
hedge, hoping that you won't fall.

Unless you are very tall, or have a stable platform to stand on, I think
you would be far safer with a manual trimmer, which will do just as good
a job, just as quickly.

There are various pole hedge trimmers; electric, cordless rechargeable
electric, and petrol models... all price ranges... from a $100 Black &
Decker to a $140 Ryobi, to $500+ commercial models. These tools allow
one to stand firmly on the ground and trim hedges ten feet and more
overhead. Professional landscapers don't climb ladders to trim
hedges, why should you.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?...gory=PROATTACH