Old 05-11-2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
LAH LAH is offline

Default Trees in hedges?

"Davej" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a little off topic but I have a problem with volunteer trees
and honeysuckle bushes growing in my hedges. In this situation I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck poisoning them with copper wire?
Seems like this would be a safe method if it works.

Dave

You might want to read this:
http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/forestry/lit/18.pdf

I use "Tordon RTU". There is no mixing and no spraying. It is dyed blue
for easy application and applied on the cut with a squeeze bottle. I've had
no problems, but as with all chemicals, read and use according to
directions.