Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Default North Facing Lawn

Astraman999 wrote:
Steveo;757923 Wrote:
Astraman999 wrote:-
Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winter
months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing.
The
grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy have
to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for
the
new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening.
-
Is it your front lawn?

The lawn is the back one.

You will need to move your house or at the least, arrange a bunch of
mirrors to bend the sun around the house so that it will hit the grass.
Good luck!