Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default Hoze reel not tipping up

In message , johngood_____
writes
Our very small front garden was created by dumping about18 inches of soil
over the paving stones. (it was all too solid and cemented in to dig up).
Consequently we have to water very frequently.

We have decide to buy a hose reel. The other day we saw some in B&Q.
The store make was £20 and the hozelock one was £25. We already have a
Gardena one in the back garden, but as its freestanding, it keeps tipping
over when you pull with any viguour, which is annoying.

What one would people here recommend to buy, the b&q, the hozelock or
perhaps some other make? Thanks for any advice.

I had this problem with our 40m trolley mounted extension hose but
solved it by winding the hose so that it comes off the bottom of the
drum rather than the top. Cannot remember which make it is - either
Hozelock or Gardena.
--
Robert