Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Closeup nasties

Yes Kenni, you are correct, it wasn't that long ago that I repotted the
plant. Also I
do have to keep an eye on my bark in storage. I have a couple of wired
frames & sun
dry all of it.
Thanks for your comments, always appreciate your input.
Cheers Wendy

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
. ..
Don't want to blame CA, but it does look like snow mold. I hope you got
it all washed off, that stuff is stubborn!

Also, the potting mix it was on didn't look all THAT old. So the stuff
may be growing in one of your bags of mix. Watch carefully next time you
make a batch. Kenni

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
I thought this was a bad case of mealies but upon unpotting, the
odor was a very strong mushroom mouldy type smell.

I call this stuff Flak but someone told me it is California snow mould?

I washed the plant removing all the bark mix from the roots, sprayed with
solution of water &
Physan, trimmed the dead roots repotted.

Just thought you may like to see some of the nasty stuff.
Cheers Wendy