Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default The liner went in today.

Marco Schwarz wrote:
Hi..

Ingrid,
our main problem is _wasted_ energy but there are so many ways to conserve
it efficiently..

Not only wasted energy but also inefficient sources of energy that are
pollutants......there is a massive business park, the main football
stadium and out of town shops powered from just one wind turbine - and
that wind turbine also contributes to the national grid......clean,
environmentally friendly sources of power are the way to go IMO - yes,
conserve energy where possible but the solution is more than that -
clean energy generation like harnessing wind/sun/water is the way to go.
This does not impact the environment, other than I guess people might
say wind turbines/solar panels are unslightly...but I would counter this
by the sight of a coal powered power station bellowing smoke into the
air is far uglier - BTW I like wind turbines

Then of course we need to look at recycling our waste products - all the
stuff that goes to landfill contributes to build ups of methane gas and
of course there has to be a limit as to how much of our rubbish/trash we
can actually bury.....it really doesn't take too much effort to sort the
stuff - currently our council won't recycle food stuffs but I heard of a
gizmo that does just this (so even less going into landfill)....it is
called a green cone. The link is a UK one but you'll get the general idea:-

http://www.greencone.com/home.asp?lang=1

And of course, one of the biggest frustrations is the amount of
packaging used when we do buy stuff - OK cutting back might cause a
crisis in the packaging manufacturing industry but it sure would cut
down on waste and the energy used to produce the stuff that we just open
and throw away....

Gill