Old 05-11-2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default The liner went in today.

k wrote:
Wind energy ~~~~~~
We have two sites in our area. One run by my husband's
company. They are so strong that they can be seen on
the doppler radar by weather persons 400 miles away.

Of course, where there is a will there is somebody
to oppose it.
There is a protest group all set up for the next project
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/lo...-9342335c.html
The old 'not in my backyard' effect.

k :-)

Hmmmm.....so a bunch of windmills are a threat but dealing with
radioactive, nuclear waste isn't? The "not in my backyard" arguement is
often heard over here as well but what happens when we run out of fossil
fuels or we burn so much that the planet heads for destruction - global
warming will wipe out way more indiginous species than the siting of a
few windmills ever would (by the way loved the pic of the wind
farm).....the burning of fossil fuels and indeed probably the use of
atomic power is almost certainly backed by big business interests with
political muscle and sadly money still talks louder than what is best
for the planet......just look at those countries who refuse to sign up
to any treatice on this......and the only reason is politics, loss of
votes and pressure from industries who will lose out with a greener
economy....

Gill