Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Adenium seeding

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:11:26 -0700, Lisa C wrote:
I ordered some seeds from Taiwan a few years ago, but never got around
to planing them until now. One packet of 20 seeds says "crown" on
it. 13 seeds germinated. One seedling stands out amongst the rest.
It is totally white, while all the others from this packet and another
packet I planted are green.

Has anyone else had a white seedling? I hope it continues to thrive
as I am anxious to see what happens when it matures.

This is actually a fairly common, and lethal, seedling problem. Albino
seedlings can be quite high in some species and cultivars. Used to see
it more often in corn than in soybeans when I worked in a seed lab.

Kay