Old 05-11-2007, 04:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Trees in hedges?

On Nov 2, 7:01 pm, Davej wrote:
This is a little off topic but I have a problem with volunteer trees
and honeysuckle bushes growing in my hedges. In this situation I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck poisoning them with copper wire?
Seems like this would be a safe method if it works.

Dave

For the smaller trees, cut them down with a pair of loppers. Use an
eyedropper to apply full strength, out-of-the-bottle, weed/brush
killer to the cut stub, taking care not to get any on your shrubs.
Works for me and I've never lost a shrub.