Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
violaceae violaceae is offline
Registered User

Hi everybody.
I think there're many old hands on this 4rum. Therefore, please let me know if I was wrong.
- Fertilizers with high Nitrogen concentration such as 30:10:10 can promote growing but inhibit flowering. Generally, people stops this kind of fertilizers and replaces with high Potassium concentration fertilizer (to elongate flower life span).
- Flower cell structure contain mostly water (in layman term, itn't as stable as the leaf instead of their same origin), so you may keep it in protected greenhouse to advoid insect (both disease vector and pollinator are need to be advoided if you want to keep it longer).
- When watering, advoid watering directly on the flower.
Good luck.
PS: I think you can find many flower elongate agent at the agriculture eqquipment shops. (If you can find Benzylaminopurin, it's so cool)