Old 05-11-2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Do you compost?

Sheldon wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:32?pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
"SteveB" wrote:
We recently moved out in the country. Nothing to do but we had to make a
compost pile. I admit, it's a handy place for garbage we would usually put
in the can for a week. Yech!
Does it work? How much work is it? How often are you supposed to turn it?
Do you keep it wet? Do you get enough compost to justify the work?
If you invest ten seconds to seach this group for composting you
will find a recent thread that covered most if not everything you need
to know.

And if you search back to a thread I started "Leaf Mold, Do Tell.."
you'll find fascinating info on cold composting of leaves as well as a
spin off conversation that's even MORE fascinating about compost teas.

At any rate, the question you asked was a broad one which can easily be
answered by just a little googling.

You're not addressing the correct person.

I was continuing your statement with another good thread example which
was very recent.