Old 05-11-2007, 02:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Do you compost?

SteveB wrote:
At any rate, the question you asked was a broad one which can easily be
answered by just a little googling.

Googling got me more than I wanted to know about composting. Hence, the
next logical thing, ................. "Do you compost?"

No how to, just do you do it, and how well does it work for you.

Simple, really.

Steve

Again on this note you asked much more, which was;
Does it work? How much work is it? How often are you supposed to

turn it?
Do you keep it wet? Do you get enough compost to justify the work?

I think that's the whole point.. It's a pile of questions that most can
be answered with a little web browsing. Personally I check several sites
and gain info that way before I ask the group as I don't want to waste
their time writing how-tos on things that are covered everywhere.

Now, take conflicting information however such as to wet the pile. Say
some place says to wet it and some other says nothing of it.. Then I'd
end up coming in and asking the group.

For what ever reason you keep shortening your question however, mayhaps
in an attempt to make it seem that you did not originally ask so much.
Really no clue, but whatever.

As for the answer to your short question.. Yes I do, and sure does.

If I may, I think Billy said it best in another reply when they said
"You will reap what you sow". There's no point in coming back with such
volatile replies.

At any rate, I digress, as this thread has turned into quite the fracas.
However, I will agree that the canned spam reply to google or goto the
library that many people are doing now is growing old.. Almost as bad as
some replies to tree questions.. Almost..

Ok, enough rambling.. Compost, it's useful.. Toss in grass clippings and
leaves in layers and be done with it. Have fun..