Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default How do cuttings grow?

"David in Normandy" wrote in message

There was a good post, a few months back on here, where a poster told the
story about a bay tree he removed from his garden. He cut the main trunk
and
left it as a pole/post in the garage. If I recall his story, a year or so
later he planed it and turned it into a post to put a house name/number
on.
After hammering it into the ground, a few week later it was sprouting new
growth...........some cutting that.

'twas I. The post is thriving! I'll post a picture some time.

I'd be very interested in seeing that!

Mary