Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Do you compost?

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote

At any rate, I digress, as this thread has turned into quite the fracas.
However, I will agree that the canned spam reply to google or goto the
library that many people are doing now is growing old.. Almost as bad as
some replies to tree questions.. Almost..

Ok, enough rambling.. Compost, it's useful.. Toss in grass clippings and
leaves in layers and be done with it. Have fun..

I consider this and other topical groups to be DISCUSSION groups. Not dry
how to lectures, or dissertations by the overly educated.

I come here to talk to people. Get a little information here and a little
there. And to hear each person's individual experience and assessment.

Web browsing is important, too. And I do that on a regular basis. I have
just found that it is so slanted that it is almost unbelievable. Example:
I have googled for reviews of particular electronics devices that I KNOW
are popular, and there are no reviews available. Either it's a bad
product, and they don't post reviews, or there's no one actually doing the
reviews and reporting them. Or there's just a couple of reviews, and they
are so long and glowing that I suspect they were made up by someone in the
marketing department.

Internet is just like the news. You can take what comes down the pipe and
swallow it, or you can ask questions of people who've been there, done it,
for a slightly more informative answer. I don't consider, "Look it up in
Google, you lazy bum" to be an answer. At least not in a real time
conversation.

And to those who consider us who don't know everything (as they do) to be
a bother, there's always filters.

HTH

STeve

If you read about composting at agricultural college web sites and find
something slanted, please come here and warn us about it.