Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default North Facing Lawn

"Astraman999" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winter
months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. The
grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy have
to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for the
new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening.

When you re-seed, make sure you use "shady area" seed. Make sure you use a
"fall" fertilizer in the fall, the most important time to fertilize.

Bob