Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Nov 4 - November Iris_8027.jpg

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:58:31 -0500, John - Pa. wrote:

I guess that it isn't too uncommon, but it is something I wasn't aware
of before. This is an iris that blooms in the autumn. This was
outdoors at Longwood Gardens Pa. (zone-7) and they were not planted in
pots, forced and just moved into the bed recently for show. These
guys were really planted in the natural dirt. The sign on them said
that they were a cultivar called 'Harvest of Memories' and my web
search shows that they are a form of "reblooming" iris that can have
flowers until frost. Cool.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included