Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Do you compost?

"MajorOz" wrote

This site is an exception to the usual conviviality found on many
usenet sites. To earn your entry into the clique, you have to
initiate or agree with some long-winded political screed. If you ask
a question(s), you will be greeted with the hostility by this clique
-- but not by all herein -- as you have been. They assume many
things: e.g. that you didn't go to Google, that you didn't do any
other research. They are predisposed to question motives, not to
engage in friendly discussions of gardening.
There are some helpful and just plain nice folks here, but also a few
self-appointed neighborhood bullies. Lurk and learn, but enter at
your peril.

cheers

oz

Your concise explanation is very helpful. But, I have been through it in
other newsgroups. I still disdain cliques as much as I did in my
adolescence, and find them to be made up of the same people, only older. By
now, I have pared some of the most obvious fools,argumentative types,
lawyers, trolls, snot nosed egotistical rude teens, and overmedicated people
with too much time on their hands and a keyboard.

I'll stick around and pop in and out when I have questions, and keep
refining my list. Thanks for the help.

Steve