Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
clarissa clarissa is offline

Default nerine bowdenii? hardy

Hi my first post here and I am unsure which climate zone the majority of the
members are from in this newsgroup. However, it seems that these zones can
be expanded somewhat with some plants. I live in Vancouver BC - zone 7 or 8
on most of the maps I have seen. The Western Garden Book. says confusingly
zone 4 and that this bulb is hardy - so I assume it can be left in the
ground over winter here which it rarely freezes for anymore than a few days.
Does anyone have any experience with this beautiful plant? I have been able
to grow hardy fuchsias by covering them with shredded leaves - I assume that
this is a good sign --or not? Thanks for any help Jean