Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Do you compost

"jthread" wrote in message

"GWB" wrote in message
I just ordered one of these:
http://www.thecomposter.com/products...x.html?=Google

good idea but kind of small isn't it?

i put all my compost material on the curb now and buy it back as Dillo
Dirt. totally worth it for me.

i used to compost but it is kind of a pain.

for op: if you're composting for a garden you could consider row
composting. Basically you just bury the material where you are planing
your gardin. More info on the web.

My situation is this:

I can back my truck up at the local landfill, and for $20, they will fill
the back of an 8' bed with compost that they have made of organic materials
they have made. This compost includes fertilizers and all the best of
things my taxes can buy.

So why do I compost, you ask. So that I have a place to put my grass
clippings, kitchen trash, and various items.

I thank all the people who were in on the discussion and had positive things
to add on the topic. I learned a lot. About composting, and about posters.

Steve