Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Do you compost

On Nov 6, 11:02 am, "SteveB" wrote:

My situation is this:

I can back my truck up at the local landfill, and for $20, they will fill
the back of an 8' bed with compost that they have made of organic materials
they have made. This compost includes fertilizers and all the best of
things my taxes can buy.

Good enough for flower beds and general landscape use, but not for
vegetable gardens. You have no idea what herbicides & insecticides
was used on those "organic materials" before they went to the landfill
for composting. People put some really nasty things at really nasty
rates on their yards before they cut, bag, and put on the curb for
pickup.

Red