Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Do you compost

"Jay Chan" wrote
I mainly use the compost in the vegetable garden because the soil in
there is very sandy. I need the compost to improve the soil texture.
The soil in there is definitely getting quite well after I have added
compost in there year after year for the past 7 years.

Jay Chan

Here in Southern Utah, I basically live on top of a lava and caliche cap
with red sandstone dunes on top of that. The garden was made by the
builder, and irrigation put in. Thank goodness. But it looks like it was
never mulched. I know I need to supplement it, and thusly, asking this
question.

Steve