Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Creating a lawn from wilderness

On 6/11/07 13:19, in article
, "Ben R"
wrote:

Thanks Sacha

In theory I could cut, scarify etc, but I do still need to make it
level, so perhaps that would be out of the question.

If levelling really is an issue - and I tore a ligament walking on my old
lawn because it wasn't! - then it probably is easier to start from scratch,
IMO and IME.

Have you any idea how much I should expect to pay for turf say per
square metre?

No, I'm sorry but I've no idea what it costs now and it probably varies from
area to area. I'd ask around a few neighbours and local nurseries for
recommendations, not just for the best price but the best quality.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk