Old 06-11-2007, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Flies persisting again into winter

On 6/11/07 16:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:24:49 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 6/11/07 13:53, in article
, "Sheila"
wrote:

"Kleopatra" wrote in message
ps.com...
Here we are into November, and still I have flies buzzing round
strongly inside the house and wasps doing the flower rounds in the
garden....... (I plan to keep recording this as warm weather persists
into late autumn/winter, year after year, and insect activity remains
strong :)

I still have all of my salvia in pots outside, 2 hanging baskets going
strong, my wild rhododendron has just sent a few flowers out... the days are
lovely for walking on the beach too....

I've just driven past some flowering cow parsley, the Acanthus is coming
through quite boldly and Dahlias etc. are still persistent.

I saw a Japanese cherry tree with both fruit and blossom this morning.

And I've just remembered that one of the nursery staff's father has an apple
tree bearing juvenile fruits after blossoming recently.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk