Old 06-11-2007, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Don H3 Don H3 is offline

Default Flies persisting again into winter

On 6 Nov, 05:31, Kleopatra wrote:
Here we are into November, and still I have flies buzzing round
strongly inside the house and wasps doing the flower rounds in the
garden....... (I plan to keep recording this as warm weather persists
into late autumn/winter, year after year, and insect activity remains
strong :)

That is something I wish I had. I have several (indoor container)
herbs and veggies that are still flowering and producing, notably
various peppers, and no bees etc for several months now. The best I've
able to do by hand-pollination is only about 30%. Earlier this summer
I was inundated w/ yellow-jackets somehow finding ways around my A.C.
or window screens. I wonder if I could keep some in the refrigerator
next year until I need them?-/