Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Leycesteria Golden Lanterns

"Ornata" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 6 Nov, 09:14, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote in message

ps.com...

Has anyone here grown Leycesteria Golden Lanterns?
The ordinary one grows like a weed here, see pic
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...?action=view¤t...
Is it worth me looking around to find it?

David hill
Abacus Nurseries

L. golden lanterns is a slightly more restrained plant, but not much. The
flowers and fruits are a bit more visible against the yellow/light green
leaves.
Every garden centre round here was selling it last year but now it seems
have gone out of stock.

I'm going to try seed of Leycesteria 'Gold Leaf' from Plant World,
which looks interesting:
http://www.plant-world-seeds.com/sto...shrubs&page=37

Noticed that they say it may be slow to germinate. That explains why my 3
year old original plant has only just made self sown plants this year.