Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Have you Ever Seen?

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, I was just looking around the net and ran across some bugs.

So it got me thinking about something I've seen only once in my life and I
was wondering if anyone else had seen anything like it.

Now, for the oddball description.

I can not recall the color but I think it was green/red or something.

It was the size of a humming bird

It hovered like a humming bird

The odd thing was that it had curled antennas and a proboscis.

It's a moth, commonly known as the Hummingbird Moth. There's quite a few
different species. Here's one website that might interest you.
http://72.41.49.149/page5b.html

You could also Google "hummingbird moth" and go to the images, you'll see a
lot of them and possibly identify the exact one you saw.

Val