Old 05-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Fran Kirby

Default Help!!! Bulbophyllum playing King of the Hill...

I have had a bulbophyllum for 2 months and the psuedobulb growths are piling
on top of each other and strangling themselves. They WERE in a 3 inch pot,
but I have tried to rescue (but probably didn't need to) and I am trying to
figure out what kind of potting arrangement would be best to get the type of
configuration I want. I saw a "specimen plant" of these at the same JOS
that I "acquired" mine. The plant was growing in a big circle around the
outside of a container about 9 to 12 inches across. The grower didn't have
problems with the plant climbing itself or trying to crawl out of the
container. Any suggestions to getting a "well-behaved" bulbo ;-) would be
appreciated.
TIA!!!
*Don't know who the original grower was to be able to ask them now :-(
--
Fran Kirby
Jacksonville, Florida