Old 07-11-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Pine sawfly?

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:11:40 -0000, wrote:
My questions, is it likely to observe pine sawfly larvae in November
in Southern Texas? I am afraid I miss-identified the problem. Is there
anything else we can do, in particular to prevent the spreading of the
insect from one tree to the next (which, in this case, would be

Can't help you directly, but Texas has an *excellent* extension service.
Submit a sample of the larvae for id. Talk to Harris Co. Extension to find
out how:
http://harris-tx.tamu.edu/
http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/