Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
MissTaz MissTaz is offline

Default What to do when your orchid blooms?

On Nov 4, 2:46 pm, SuE wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:57:59 -0000, MissTaz
wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, do I need to do anything special now that my
orchid is blooming?
I have a cymbidium and its just starting to open up.

Thanks,

Keep it out of direct sun and a bit on the cool side during the day.
Heat will cause premature wilt of the blooms. Water on a normal
schedule, do no not let it get too dry. The plant uses water
pressure to open the blooms. Some people give the plant an extra
drink when it starts opening. But mostly put it where you can see and
enjoy. You worked hard for that bloom, you want it to last as long as
possible.
SuEhttp://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/main.php

Thanks Sue,

I spent ages tending to it, my family thought I was crazy, so I
definitely want it to last as long as possible!