Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
MissTaz MissTaz is offline

Default What to do when your orchid blooms?

Yes, I've been told to stop fertilizing when blooms come out.
But it makes sense that flowering takes a bit of energy !

On Nov 5, 5:55 am, "Kenni Judd" wrote:
Keep doing what you've been doing. This includes fertilizer -- I hear a lot
of people say they've been told not to feed their orchids while they're
blooming, but flowering takes energy! And enjoy! Kenni

"MissTaz" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, do I need to do anything special now that my
orchid is blooming?
I have a cymbidium and its just starting to open up.

Thanks,