Old 07-11-2007, 12:56 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Phred Phred is offline

Default Identification of strange plant requested. Yorkshire, England.

In article , "Jake Wade" wrote:
"Phred" wrote in message

[Snip]
Your material is surprisingly pale, and I assume the "pebble" shape is
the result of pelletisation? See this image of yours for example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17895095@N02/1859173644/in/photostream/

SNIP SNIP

Ah, well, the peat we have in the UK is also, generally, a
dark brown fibrous material.
What you see in my pictures is a top layer of pumice
pebbles, used to retain moisture/reduce evaporation.
Bit of a red herring perhaps, didn't intend to decieve
anyone!!!

All is now revealed. :-) Thank you.

[Addendum: 'I' before 'E' except after 'C'. 8-) ]

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID