Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Accelerate the compost

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
says...
Got a huge compost heap - mostly grass clipings from a paddock. Seems
reluctant to decompose despite being watered. The inside is still
dry and dusty and look more like straw.

Anything I can do to speed up the process? I've been adding leaves
now that we have loads falling.

There is no really polite way of putting this, but it involves
drinking lots (preferable alcohol -cider's good) and having a weak
bladder and good resistance to cold, oh and its really a job for the
boys! I am sure you can work the rest out :~)

I thought you did that very politely.

I would add that leaf choppings helps. Grass is not easy to compost unless
you mix it with summat else.