Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Andy

Default Speaking of Hogs, when did you see your last hedgehog?

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:08:14 +0100, Gorgeous George
wrote:

Not sure, but I cannot recall seeing a live one for years, even road
kill seems to be increasingly rare (South London)

Anyone noticed a decline in their sightings?

When, where and how did you see your last hog?

Saw a dead one on the A415 in Frilford yesterday. It was a big one!
As a previous poster has said, most of the road kill seems to be
badgers these days. Next animal due for the cull are are fox cubs,
especially near Cambridge for some reason.

I'm a lorry driver and contrary to popular belief most of us try to
avoid running anything over. Depressingly, a colleague of mine was
once prosecuted for obstruction for slowing to let a hedgehog cross
the road. It seems that the God of Traffic takes no prisoners; except
near Aylesbury, where there are special signs for the ducks.

Andy