Old 07-11-2007, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Accelerate the compost

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:51:11 +0000, Sheila wrote
(in article ) :

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:01:32 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

"CWatters" wrote

Anything I can do to speed up the process? I've been adding leaves now
that
we have loads falling.

What the others have said and add Garrotta

and stand with your back to the wind.

my mind boggles, I try to visualise myself trying to balance on the top of
mine, its taller than me.....plus I'm a lady...... then some bright spark
says, why not put it in a jug........

actually, how much do we actually need? or how often!

No, no, it's definitely a man thing! (a) they have the equipment and (b)
they have different hormones. I'm told that Copella fruit juice bottles are
quite convenient because they have a large enough opening.

No commentg.

One man should be enough - in a compost sense I mean. Apply daily (just
watch the double-entendres in that one!).

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation