Old 08-11-2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Pictures of Culvert Sides

"Val" wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote:

Just in case anyone is bored and wants to see the weedy mess which I'm
talking about, here's a couple of pics.

http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/landscape-woes/

All that vegetation has created an excellent rooted, cohesive erosion
control with the rock rubble in the ditch. I'd just do the rescue of your
evergreen and seed collecting, get a weed whacker and have at it, then rake
up the dead soldiers. If you must, for esthetic sensibilities plant a border
along the top, without disturbing what's already established, so you don't
see it. Or get a bag of wild flower seeds native to your area and sprinkle
liberally on either sides of the ditch.

Val

Excellent advice, especially the wildflowers... too many think they're
all weeds.