Old 08-11-2007, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Hybrid tree dahlias

In article , Sacha
writes

I got that dahlia Sacha, I didn't get it as a Tree dahlia though! It
just grew that tall this year when I left it in the ground. The flowers
are mostly single but you can see them from a long way away!

Did you get it from David because ours came from him. The flowers are
definitely all double.

Yes but he never said it was a 'tree' type

Getting difficult to support.
A very attractive scented one that David also sent, sort of single with
few petals, orange and red. Sounds terrible but the plant is quite
different from most Dahlias. Will try to get a picture as my dahlias are
still flowering at the moment.

Yes, please. Is that Moonshine or something of that sort?

No, all David's are "Abacus Joe", or "Enid" or "Phyllis" or similar
names. Enid snuffed it about a week after I received the cutting (sorry
David, I did try!) and two others ground to a halt, but the rest are now
just starting to flower, I think they are late and smaller because they
have so many shoots from the tubers! Next year I will thin them out I
think.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph