Old 08-11-2007, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Butcher's Blue?

In article ,
says...
In article , Sacha
writes

Can't think of one offhand, though I'll consult the Oracle. ;-) She's not
thinking of Perovskia Blue Spire or Ruta graveolens Jackman's Blue, is she?

No she's quite a clued up gardener, apparently she asked the owner of
the garden and she was told that the variety was Butcher's Blue. She's
wading through all plants with blue in the name at the moment via the
Plantfinder! She likes cottagey stuff so I am assuming it's a perennial
or a hardy annual.

Janet

Sorry Janet there are no entries for Butchers, and only 2 for Butcher and
both of those are Malus varieties. I would suggest it was a description
of the colour.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk